British Columbia’s Fraser Valley is a major source of Canadian mushrooms. We stuffed portobello caps with shrimp and crab for a hearty starter or entree.
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 stuffed mushrooms
- 1/2 250-g block regular or light cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cooked crab or shrimp
- 1 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Place cream cheese in a bowl. Add lemon juice and stir until softened. Stir in shrimp, crab, bread crumbs, Tabasco, garlic and salt. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to a day.
- Rinse dirt from mushrooms, then gently remove stems and discard. If necessary, use a spoon to scrape out enough gills from underside of mushroom cap to form a shallow hollow.
- Mound seafood mixture in each cap and spread almost to edge. Place on grill. Barbecue, with lid closed, until filling is hot, from 12 to 16 min. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve whole or slice into wedges. Great as an appetizer, side dish or entree.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14.2 g,
- 6 g,
- 8.4 g,
- 2 g,
- 401 mg.