Salmon and avocado omega burger
The combination of salmon, ground flaxseeds and avocado delivers a double omega punch. Serve on multi-grain rye toast, with Boston lettuce and grainy Dijon.
- 500 g fresh salmon fillets
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 avocado , diced
- Remove and discard skin from salmon. Chop salmon into 1/2-in. pieces, then transfer to a large bowl. Stir in egg, onion, flax meal, dill, lemon juice and salt. Gently stir in avocado.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Spray pan with cooking spray. Scoop a heaping 1/2-cup portion into pan. Press into a 1-in.-thick round patty. Repeat, cooking 2 patties at a time. Cook until bottoms are golden-brown and crisp, 3 to 4 min. Flip and continue cooking until salmon is cooked through, about 3 more min. Top with pickled-ginger relish or peach salsa.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 4 g,
- 18 g,
- 3 g,
- 359 mg.