Ripe plum tomatoes and quick-cooking fish marry well in this Mediterranean-inspired main.
Pronto Italian Tilapia
This article has not been rated yet.
3 to 4 servings
- 5 plum tomatoes , coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers , drained
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives , pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 tilapia fillets , about 180 g each
- chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- Place tomatoes in a large, wide frying pan and set over medium-high heat. Add capers, garlic, onion, olives, seasonings and sugar. Boil uncovered, stirring often, until tomatoes are soft, 8 to 10 min.
- Place fish in pan and spoon a little sauce overtop. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until fish is cooked through, 6 to 8 min, depending on how thick it is. Remove to plates. Spoon sauce overtop. Scatter with basil.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35.3 g,
- 7.5 g,
- 4.1 g,
- 1.9 g,
- 296 mg.