Pita pizza with hummus and mint
A Middle-Eastern inspired pizza that's topped with healthy veggies and protein-rich hummus.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion , sliced
- 1 cup Sabra hummus
- 4 Greek-style whole-wheat pitas
- 2 tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper , sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint
- POSITION oven racks in centre and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- HEAT a frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion. Cook until slightly softened, 5 min. Spread hummus on pitas, right to the edges. Top with tomato slices, then sprinkle with chili flakes. Top with pepper slices, broccoli and cooked onion. Sprinkle with feta.
- BAKE, switching sheets halfway through, until edges of crusts are deep golden, 12 to 15 min. Sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 79 g,
- 15 g,
- 8 g,
- 1109 mg.