A touch of teriyaki sauce adds an intriguing oriental taste to these attractive roasted vegetables.
This article has not been rated yet.
7 cups (1.75 L), 8 servings
- 6 cups cut-up vegetables , such as 4 parsnips, 1 turnip, 1 large acorn squash, 1/2 454-g bag peeled baby carrots or 1 1/2 cups slim carrots, cut into 1/2-in. chunks
- 3 bell peppers , preferably a mix of red, green and yellow
- 3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup snipped chives , optional
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Grease a large rimmed baking sheet. To prepare vegetables, peel parsnips, turnip and squash. Cut into 2-inch (5-cm) chunks. Seed peppers, then cut into quarters. Place vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together, except chives. Drizzle over vegetables and toss until evenly coated. If making ahead, vegetables can be left at room temperature for 1 day. Then remove peppers and place in another dish. Turn remaining vegetables onto baking sheet and spread out. Roast in 325F (160C) oven for 30 minutes. Stir in peppers and continue roasting until carrots are fork-tender, another 30 minutes. Vegetables can be roasted along with turkey on an oven rack set below turkey. Toss with chives, if you like. Add more salt as needed.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.8 g,
- 21.9 g,
- 5.3 g,
- 3.2 g,