New cheddar apple salad
This article has not been rated yet.
Apples and cheddar are a yummy combination, and our maple-Dijon dressing marries them speedily in this modern summer toss.
- 3 cups mesclun greens or chopped romaine hearts
- 1 apple
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated old cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp honey-Dijon mustard
- For salad, place greens in a large bowl. If using lettuce, tear into bite-size pieces. Slice unpeeled apple into thin wedges. Thinly slice celery, then add both to lettuce. Grate cheese and chop nuts and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil with vinegar, maple syrup and honey Dijon. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss until coated. Scatter cheese and nuts overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 19 g,
- 42 g,
- 4 g,
- 421 mg.