A bright salsa adds a dressed-up touch to any steak, even an inexpensive one. Keep a jar of store-bought bruschetta topping in the refrigerator to use as a base and you’re ready to go. Just remember to bring the meat to room temperature before broiling.
Mediterranean Steak with Bruschetta Salsa
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 500g marinating steak , inside round or sirloin tip, about 1/2-in. thick
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 tsp chopped capers , optional
- 1/2 cup bruschetta topping
- In a small bowl, stir balsamic with oil, basil, oregano, sugar and garlic salt. Pour into a large plastic bag or dish just big enough to hold steak. Using tip of a sharp knife, score top side of steak in a diamond pattern, about 1/8 in. (0.2 cm) deep. Push meat into marinade. Squeeze as much air from bag as you can. Seal with an elastic band as close to meat as possible. Marinate at room temperature about 20 min. Meanwhile, prepare cucumber and capers. Place in a small bowl. Stir in bruschetta topping.
- When ready to broil steak, place oven rack 3 in. (7.5 cm) from broiler element. Preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade. Set on a rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Discard marinade. Broil 3 to 4 min per side for medium-rare or until meat springs back when gently pressed. Let rest 5 min. Slice in half and top with bruschetta mixture. Excellent with our Tzatziki Greek Potatoes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 51 g,
- 7 g,
- 15 g,
- 1 g,
- 611 mg.