A touch of maple syrup brings out the full seductive flavor of the salmon.
Maple salmon steaks
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 leeks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce , or teriyaki sauce
- 2 salmon steaks , at least 1-in. thick
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C). Cut leeks in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the top tough green parts of leaves. Separate layers. Rinse well under cold running water. Then, slice into 1/2-inch (1-cm) lengths. Place on heavy foil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water, salt and pepper. Seal and place in centre of oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk Dijon with maple syrup until almost blended. Stir in soy sauce. Place salmon in a foil-lined pan. Spoon half of syrup mixture over fish.
- When leeks have baked 10 minutes, place fish in centre of oven beside leeks. Bake fish, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Then, spoon remaining sauce over top. Continue baking until fish flakes easily, about 5 minutes. Serve leeks alongside salmon.