A classic Asian dish that’s rich in protein and vitamin-rich bok choy. Serve with rice or vermicelli and enjoy!
Lemon chicken with bok choy
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 500 g baby bok choy , quartered
- Combine lemon zest, coriander, chili flakes and salt in a medium bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. When hot, spray well with oil. Add chicken and sauté until golden, 4 min per side. When chicken is golden brown, stir in broth, lemon juice, sesame oil and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, turning chicken occasionally, until springy when pressed, 4 to 8 min.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with soy and 1 tbsp water.
- Remove chicken to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in bok choy. Stir often until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 min. Remove to platter with chicken. Whisk cornstarch mixture into broth in pan. Stir constantly until sauce thickens, about 1 min. Pour sauce over chicken.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 7 g,
- 8 g,
- 2 g,
- 496 mg.