Use the largest peppers you can find for this attractive side dish.
Greek-style stuffed peppers
This article has not been rated yet.
6 stuffed peppers
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 500 g ground chicken or ground beef
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley basil , optional
- 6 bell peppers , a mix of yellow and red
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). In a bowl, whisk eggs with yogourt and salt. Stir in bread crumbs, oregano and thyme. Crumble in ground chicken. Add feta and basil, if you like. Using your hands, work until evenly mixed.
- Slice tops from peppers and set aside. Cut out and discard cores. Fill peppers with meat mixture. Arrange in a baking dish. Place tops back on peppers. Cover with foil and bake at 375F (190C) for 30 min, then uncover and continue baking until meat is cooked through, about 20 to 30 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 6.4 g,
- 15.3 g,
- 4 g,
- 238 mg.