Molasses is the secret ingredient that gives this roast a caramel-like glaze and taste. Don’t have molasses? Just use honey instead. It glazes beautifully and tastes great!
Glazed roast pork
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Roasting Time: 60 minutes
- 1.25 kg - 1.5 kg boneless centre-cut pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Place pork on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, stir Dijon with honey, molasses and orange juice concentrate. Generously spoon one-third of mixture over pork and rub in. Roast in centre of preheated oven 20 minutes.
- Spoon half of remaining mustard mixture overtop. Continue roasting, occasionally basting with pan juices, 20 more minutes. Then spoon on remaining mustard mixture. Continue to roast, basting occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into centre of meat reaches 155F (70C), 20 to 30 more minutes.
- Place on a cutting board and loosely cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Thickly slice, then sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 38.6 g,
- 12.1 g,
- 13.5 g,
- 225 mg.