This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 to 2.5 kg boneless rolled leg of lamb
- finely grated lemon zest , and juice, of 1 large lemon
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- Remove as much of surface fat from lamb as possible. With a sharp knife, lightly score surface of lamb, cutting through any remaining fat and surface area of meat to about 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) deep. If lamb is not rolled and tied, roll up lamb, starting with longer side, then tie at 2 inch (5 cm) intervals with butcher’s twine. Place lamb in a large plastic bag. Place bag in a dish. Stir remaining ingredients together. Pour mixture over lamb. Seal bag with an elastic band as close to lamb as possible. Refrigerate overnight. Massage bag at least once and turn lamb over in marinade.
- When ready to roast, preheat oven to 350F (180C). Remove lamb from bag and place in a shallow roasting pan. Discard marinade. Roast lamb, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes per pound (500 g) for rare lamb or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 130F to 135F (54C to 57C), about 1 hour. Let stand, loosely covered, for 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30.9 g,
- 1.6 g,
- 9.5 g,
- 0.1 g,