Bottled salad dressing with a touch of maple syrup makes a delicious sauce for salmon. Lightly coat fillets with dressing before cooking, then add a refresher splash when they’re hot from the oven.
Fast oriental salmon steaks
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Roasting Time: 10 minutes
- vegetable oil
- 4 170 to 250 g salmon steaks
- 1/4 cup bottled Japanese salad dressing
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- generous pinch ground black pepper
- 1 green onion , optional
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly oil or spray foil. Place fish on foil. In a small bowl, stir salad dressing with maple syrup, sesame oil and pepper. Spoon 2 tsp (10 mL) of mixture over each salmon steak.
- Roast in centre of preheated oven until a knife tip inserted into centre of salmon feels warm, about 10 minutes. While salmon is roasting, thinly slice green onion. Place fish on plates or a platter and drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with green onion. Great with rice and green beans.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 4.4 g,
- 24.5 g,
- 271 mg.