Eating alfresco doesn’t get better than putting this Greek-inspired chicken and veg dinner on the ‘cue. It’s a snap to double up for company.
Easy grilled chicken and vegetables
This article has not been rated yet.
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 large tomatoes
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 250-g container tzatziki , optional
- Lightly oil grill and preheat barbecue to medium. Trim any excess fat from chicken. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with enough oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with seasonings and turn to coat. Set aside. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut tomatoes in half. Brush both with remaining oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill. Barbecue with lid closed for 6 min. Turn chicken, then add zucchini and tomatoes to grill. Continue barbecuing until chicken feels springy when pressed, 8 to 10 more min, and until vegetables are lightly charred, 3 to 5 min per side. Remove each piece as it is done. Scatter with mint. Serve tzatziki alongside.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 17 g,
- 14 g,
- 7 g,
- 400 mg.