Chunky sweet potato fries with herbed yogurt dip
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper , optional
- 1/2 cup Balkan-style plain yogurt , 5.9% M.F.
- 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves , or dill weed, crumbled
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon, orange or lime zest
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to heat. Peel potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Place each piece cut-side down, then slice lengthwise into thin wedges. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with sugar, cumin, garlic salt and cayenne (if using). Stir to coat. Tumble onto hot baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes in preheated oven, turning every 10 minutes, until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir yogurt with rosemary and lemon peel. Serve alongside warm roasted potatoes for dunking, or drizzle over potatoes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 30 g,
- 6 g,
- 4 g,
- 208 mg.