Chili-cinnamon pork with pineapple
- 1 large pork tenderloin , about 500 g
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1/2 pineapple , peeled and quartered lengthwise, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- Slice pork into 1/2-in. rounds. Combine cinnamon with salt in a small bowl, then sprinkle both sides of meat until coated.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then half of meat. Cook until lightly browned, 2 min per side. If meat is browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining meat, adding a little more oil, if needed, then transfer to same plate. Cover meat loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Pour pineapple juice into pan. Sprinkle in chili flakes. Bring to a boil. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in brown bits from pan bottom. Boil, stirring often, until liquid reduces to 1/2 cup, about 10 min. Return meat to pan along with any juices. Add pineapple. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil, uncovered, turning meat and stirring occasionally, until meat is warmed through, about 2 min. Transfer meat and pineapple to plates and spoon sauce overtop. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with rice if desired.
- Shopping Tip: Pick up a peeled and cored pineapple in the supermarket’s produce section.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 21 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 357 mg.