Chicken and pear teriyaki
This article has not been rated yet.
We bumped up the flavour of this fast sauté by adding teriyaki sauce and orange juice - keep this combo in mind for stir-fries as well.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red or orange bell pepper
- 1 firm ripe pear , unpeeled
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, over medium high heat. Add chicken. Cook until golden, about 2 min per side. Meanwhile, thinly slice pepper and quarter pear. Discard seeds from jalapeno, then mince. Add pepper, pear, jalapeno and ginger to pan. Pour in teriyaki and orange juice. Stir until well coated.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, turning chicken once and stirring sauce, until chicken is springy when pressed, about 6 to 8 more min. Delicious with rice.