We love this easy brunch bake! It’s a stir-together combo that pleases palates of all ages.
Cheddar, pepper and potato bake
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 12 servings
- 284-mL can undiluted cream of mushroom soup , or cream of potato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-kg bag frozen country-style hash browns
- 1 red bell pepper , coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion , or 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped ham , optional
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). In a very large bowl, stir soup with sour cream, butter, paprika, salt and pepper. Mixture will be lumpy. Stir in frozen hash browns until evenly mixed. Prepare and stir in vegetables, ham and 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cheddar. Mixture will be very thick. Spoon into a 9×13-inch (3-L) baking dish. Smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheddar. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake in centre of oven, 1 hour. Then remove foil. Bake until cheese is golden, 15 to 20 more minutes. Good with scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes. Best eaten the day it’s made, but leftovers will keep, covered and refrigerated, overnight. Reheat in microwave.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7.9 g,
- 22.4 g,
- 19.2 g,
- 2.4 g,