Thai tofu-quinoa bowlBy Chatelaine
For a delicious lunch tomorrow, fill up on this low-calorie, high-protein dish.
- 1/2 350-g pkg extra-firm tofu
- 3/4 cup quinoa , rinsed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tamari , or soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 2 carrots , coarsely grated
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup frozen edamame , thawed
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Pat tofu dry, cut into 3/4-in. cubes, and arrange on prepared sheet. Bake in centre of oven until tofu is golden brown, 15 to 20 min. Transfer to a rack and cool completely, about 30 min.
- COOK rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan according to package directions, about 15 min. Scoop quinoa into a large bowl to cool completely, about 30 min.
- WHISK lime juice with peanut butter, water, tamari, honey, ginger, garlic, and hot-red-chili flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- STIR carrots into cooled quinoa along with cabbage, edamame, green onion, cilantro, toasted sesame seeds and cooled tofu. Drizzle with dressing, then toss to coat. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 36 g,
- 13 g,
- 7 g,
- 291 mg.