Spring superfood salad with mimosa vinaigretteBy Chatelaine
Our powerhouse jumble of fresh ingredients isn’t just packed with nutrition, it’s also delicious and super easy!
- 2 oranges
- 1 red or pink grapefruit
- 6 small roasted red or yellow beets , peeled
- 6 cups packed baby spinach , baby kale or beet greens
- 1 pint multi-coloured cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2-Jan red onion , sliced into thin rings (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 100 g feta , sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- SLICE peel from top and bottom of oranges and grapefruit. Cut off and discard remaining peel, including white pith, so flesh is showing. Cut citrus into thin slices. Cut beets into halves, quarters or slices. Layer or toss citrus slices and beets with greens, tomatoes and onion. Top with almonds, feta and dill.
- WHISK orange juice with oil, champagne vinegar, Dijon, honey and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 43 g,
- 23 g,
- 8 g,
- 604 mg.