Sesame green beans and bok choy
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 3 minutes
Sesame green beans and bok choy.
Photo, Michael Graydon.
This recipe is inspired by a traditional French side dish that's made with lettuce and peas. Our modern version has all of its crunch and even more flavour.
, or 1 large bunch bok choy
2 340-g pkg
, or 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Partially fill a large wide pot with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, trim ends from baby bok choy. Quarter bok choy lengthwise. If very small, slice in half. Rinse under cold running water to remove any grit. Pat dry. If using regular bok choy, remove and discard core, then slice stalks and leaves crosswise into large pieces. Rinse well.
- When water comes to a boil, add beans and cook just until almost tender, from 1 to 3 min. Add bok choy.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until beans and bok choy are tender-crisp and bright green, from 2 to 3 more min. Drain vegetables well.
- Return to pot and set on the burner. Stir until any excess liquid is evaporated, from 1 to 2 min. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Stir to evenly mix. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 3 g,