Roasted-garlic and sweet potato clafoutiBy Chatelaine
A one-dish delight of sweet potato and eggs. Prepped in 15 minutes!
- 1 large sweet potato , cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp oil on prepared sheet. Remove top of garlic head; place garlic on corner of baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 tsp oil. Bake in centre of oven until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 min. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350F. Spray a 9-in. pie plate with oil.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk and flour until smooth. Add salt, then season with pepper. Squeeze cloves from head of garlic onto a cutting board and chop finely. Stir into egg mixture along with warm sweet potatoes. Scrape egg mixture into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake in centre of oven until the top is puffed at the sides and jiggly in the centre, 20 to 22 min. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 21 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 377 mg.