Embrace this filler-free, super-nutritious Quinoa-veggie burger. Sandwiched between two grilled portobello mushrooms, it's got healthy and tasty covered.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa , about 2 cups cooked
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 227-g pkg cremini mushrooms , coarsely grated, about 1 cup
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 egg , beaten
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Tahini Sauce , (recipe link below)
- Roasted Plum Tomatoes , (recipe link below)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, omitting salt, about 14 min. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, shallot and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 min. Add to quinoa. Stir in egg, cornstarch, salt and cayenne.
- Heat the same non-stick frying pan over medium. Firmly press quinoa mixture into a 1/2-cup measuring cup. Turn and release into pan. Gently press to shape into a patty about 4 in. wide. Repeat, cooking 2 patties at a time. Cook until golden and warmed through, 4 min per side. Top with tahini and roasted tomatoes. Top with Tahini Sauce and Roasted Plum Tomatoes.
The portobello 'bun'
Barbecue portobellos on a greased grill over medium for 5 min per side.
The quinoa patty
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 27 g,
- 4 g,
- 3 g,
- 180 mg.