Petite pumpkin toffee tarts
Even the most dedicated calorie counters will find room for one or two (okay, three) of our mini-pumpkin pies.
- 2 255-g pkgs frozen mini-tart shells , about 36
- 3 39-g bars Skor chocolates
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice , or 1/4 tsp each ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 36 pecan halves , about 100-g pkg
- Arrange oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 375F (190C). Place tart shells on 2 large baking sheets, leaving a bit of space between them. Thaw at room temperature for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, finely chop chocolate bars. Spoon 1 scant tsp (4 mL) into each shell. In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin with sugar, cream, eggs, vanilla and pie spice until blended. Fill shells nearly to the top, then place a pecan half on each.
- Bake sheets on separate racks. Rotate baking sheets between racks after 10 min. Then continue baking until filling is set, about 10 more min. Serve warm or cool on a rack. If making ahead, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’ll keep well for 2 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 11 g,
- 8 g,
- 1 g,
- 97 mg.