Nigella Lawson's gnocchi gratinBy Chatelaine
Exclusive recipe from Nigella Lawson's new cookbook, Nigellissima. Only 10 minutes to prep!
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg , to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 454-g pkg fresh or frozen gnocchi
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Position oven racks in top third and centre of oven. Preheat to 400F.
- Whisk mascarpone with milk in a shallow oven-safe saucepan (wide enough to hold
gnocchi in a single layer) and set over medium. When mixture starts to bubble, 1 to 2 min, turn off heat. Add 1/4 cup parmesan and whisk until it melts.
- Grind black pepper and nutmeg over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Cook gnocchi in a medium pot according to package directions, about 2 min for fresh or 12 min for frozen. Drain gnocchi and stir into cheese mixture until coated. Spread out into an even layer.
- Stir remaining parmesan with bread crumbs and sprinkle over gnocchi.
- Bake in centre of oven until bubbly, about 15 min. Adjust heat to broil. Broil in top third of oven until top turns dark golden, about 2 min. Let stand for at least 10 min before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 36 g,
- 18 g,
- 2 g,
- 619 mg.