Moroccan vegetable stew in the slow-cooker
8 hrs 15 min
Hearty, warming and easy. 15 minutes to prep, pop it in the slow-cooker before work and voila!
- 796-mL can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 large butternut squash , peeled and diced
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 540-mL can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro , or parsley
- Combine tomatoes with squash, sweet potato and seasonings in slowcooker insert. Cover and cook on low until squash is tender, about 8 hours.
- Stir in chickpeas and apricots during the last 30 min of cooking. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving. Serve with couscous.
Raw onions and garlic can taste unpleasantly acrid in a slowcooked dish. Onion and garlic powders are more reliable.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 57 g,
- 2 g,
- 9 g,
- 577 mg.