A shake of popular lemon & pepper seasoning is all that’s needed for the chicken that crowns our warm salad.
Grilled vegetable salad & lemon chicken
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Grilling Time: 12 minutes
- 4 large skewer
- 1 red onion
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups mesclun greens , or a 142-g pkg
- 130-g log creamy goat cheese
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water. Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Slice onion into 4 thick rounds. Thread tomatoes onto skewers. Lightly brush onion and tomatoes with 1 tsp (5 mL) oil. Rub chicken with lemon & pepper seasoning.
- Squeeze juice from lemon into a small bowl. Whisk in Dijon, salt, then 1/4 cup (50 mL) oil. Place greens in a large bowl. Crumble in goat cheese.
- Place chicken and onion on grill. Barbecue, covered, until chicken feels springy when pressed and onion has grill marks, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Add tomatoes during last few minutes of barbecuing. Turn often. Chop onion. Remove tomatoes from skewers. Tumble hot vegetables over greens. Add lemon dressing and toss until cheese starts to melt. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 40 g,
- 14.8 g,
- 24.4 g,
- 3.6 g,