Grilled halloumi and vegetable saladBy Chatelaine
A summer salad with staying power. Grilled zucchini and halloumi cheese meet chickpeas and fresh herbs in a meal no one will be able to get enough of.
- 4 zucchinis , cut into 1/2-in. diagonal slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250-g pkg halloumi cheese
- 540-mL can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- OIL grill. Barbecue zucchini until tender-crisp, 3 min per side. Cut halloumi into 1/2-in.-thick slices, and barbecue until grill marks form, 2 min per side.
- DIVIDE zucchini, halloumi and chickpeas among 4 plates. Drizzle with lemon dressing. Sprinkle with mint and parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 31 g,
- 25 g,
- 6 g,
- 1035 mg.
- Good source of
Vegetable and halloumi salad
Pair it with: A structured rosé.
Dry rosé is perfect for the saltiness of halloumi cheese, and this Ontario blend of cabernet, gamay and syrah does a smashing job. you’ll discover flavours of sun-warmed raspberries, tart cranberries and rose petals.
Our pick: Sibling Rivalry Pink, Ontario, $14.