Grilled eggplant tacosBy Chatelaine
Mix and match your filling with different toppings (we like guacamole, red cabbage slaw and hot sauce), and you're on your way to a fab taco feast.
- 4 large Japanese eggplants , about 800 g
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp DIY taco seasoning
- 4 soft flour tortillas , or hard corn taco shells
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- TRIM stem ends off eggplants. Slice each in half lengthwise, then slice each in half lengthwise again. Cut each strip in half crosswise. You should have 32 strips in total. Stir oil with seasoning in a large bowl, then add eggplants. Toss to coat completely.
- OIL grill, then barbecue eggplant, lid closed, flipping halfway through, until grill marks appear and eggplant is cooked through but still firm, 1 to 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate. Let stand covered with foil, 5 min.
- SERVE in tortillas.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 39 g,
- 18 g,
- 7 g,
- 552 mg.