Ricotta and plum crostini
These fruity and creamy crostini slices pair perfectly with a side of maple-balsamic arugula salad for a satisfying lunch or light vegetarian dinner.
- 3/4 cup extra-smooth ricotta
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 thick slices of baguette , diagonally sliced, 1/4-in. thick (about 1/3 baguette)
- 1 ripe plum , cut into 12 wedges
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat broiler.
- Stir ricotta with salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Spoon 2 heaping tbsp ricotta mixture on each baguette slice. Broil in upper third of oven until ricotta is warmed through, 2 to 4 min. Top each slice with a plum wedge. Serve with Maple-balsamic arugula salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 15 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 268 mg.
Pair it with: A crisp, cool white.
This bright and refreshing sauvignon blanc from Bordeaux – mostly known for its reds – is a perfect complement to the ricotta and tangy balsamic. Its flavours also mirror the green, peppery arugula. Our pick: 2010 François Lurton Sauvignon Blanc, France, $12.