Fried goat cheese saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
2 hrs 20 min
Crisp golden rounds of goat cheese top a healthy serving of spinach, making this dish a lovely lunch or salad course.
- 2 130-g logs cold goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 cups packed arugula, mache or baby spinach
- SLICE each goat cheese log into 6 1/2-in. rounds. You should have 12 cheese rounds. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Pour panko into another shallow bowl. Dip cheese rounds in egg, then in panko until well coated. Place on a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, 2 hours or overnight.
- HEAT a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tbsp oil, then 3 frozen cheese rounds. Cook until golden, about 2 min per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining cheese.
- WHISK remaining 2 tbsp oil with vinegars and salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Add greens and toss until coated. Divide among 6 plates. Top each with 2 cheese rounds.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 7 g,
- 20 g,
- 1 g,
- 267 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A