We guarantee this will be the most delicious way you will ever use a can of cranberry sauce. It takes on a luxurious cheesecake texture without any baking needed. Now that’s easy!
Cranberry cream cloud pie
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter , melted
- 56 g semi-sweet chocolate , about 2 squares
- 1 orange
- 250-g block cream cheese , at room temperature
- 415 mL cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place crumbs in a bowl. Using a fork, stir in melted butter until evenly moist. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. (23-cm) pie plate.
- Coarsely chop chocolate. Finely grate peel from orange. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Then, beat in cranberry sauce and sugar, scraping down side as necessary until evenly mixed. Stir in chocolate and orange. Place whipping cream and vanilla in another large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream well until definite peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Using a spatula, gently stir 1/3 of whipping cream mixture into cranberry mixture. Then gently fold in remaining whipping cream just until no streaks remain. Don’t overmix or you’ll lose the airy fluffiness. Spoon into pie crust and form into a small dome. Gently swirl the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Pie will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days. Before serving, let stand at room temperature for about 10 min., then cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.5 g,
- 44.6 g,
- 28.2 g,
- 1.6 g,
- 269 mg.