Creamy chevre gets a flavour jolt from bottled jalapeno jelly in this fiery tart.
Chèvre tart with jalapeño jelly
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter , cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 140-g logs creamy or herbed goat cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup jalapeno jelly
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). For crust, place butter, flour and icing sugar in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse just until a soft ball begins to form. Remove dough. Flour hands. Press dough into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch (25-cm) fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Bake in centre of 350F (180C) oven until golden, from 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool in pan on a rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or electric mixer on low speed, beat chèvre with sour cream until fairly smooth. Beat in sugar and eggs. Gradually beat in flour. Scrape mixture into cooled crust. Bake on bottom rack of 350F (180C) oven until just set, from 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely on a rack. Then spread jelly overtop. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 day.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7.2 g,
- 36.9 g,
- 20.5 g,
- 0.6 g,