Distinctive goat cheese gives sophisticated richness and creaminess to this ultimate comfort food.
Chèvre-scallion mashed potatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
8 generous servings
- 10 potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 6 scallions , or green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 125 g creamy goat cheese , about 1/2 cup
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Peel potatoes and slice in half. Add potatoes and salt to boiling water. Partially cover and boil gently until very tender, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, thinly slice scallions.
- Drain tender potatoes and turn into a large bowl. Using a potato masher, immediately mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Heat butter and milk in a measuring cup in microwave on high for 45 seconds or until warm. Drizzle over potatoes. Add sour cream. Crumble chèvre over top. Stir with a wooden spoon or use an electric mixer on low to evenly distribute. Stir in scallions. Serve right away or heap in a warm serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5.8 g,
- 34.7 g,
- 11.2 g,
- 2.6 g,
- 304 mg.