Crisp sugar snap peas and fresh basil add an upscale touch to these attractive, vegetarian dinner sandwiches.
Cheese & veggie medley sandwich
This article has not been rated yet.
- 500 g mushrooms
- 1 large tomato
- 125 g sugar snap peas , or snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil , or parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 6-inch crusty Italian rolls
- 2 cups coarsely grated cheddar , asiago or romano
- Thickly slice mushrooms and place in a large mixing bowl. Seed and coarsely chop tomato. Slice sugar snap peas into 1/2 inch pieces. Add tomato and peas to bowl and sprinkle with basil.
- Whisk lemon juice with olive oil, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Pour over vegetables and mix until evenly coated. Use right away or cover and refrigerate. (Refrigerate for no more than 3 to 4 hours since vegetables soften as they sit.)
- Slice rolls, leaving 1 edge intact, and open up slightly. Stir cheese into vegetables and spoon into rolls. Drizzle with any extra dressing remaining in bowl.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 44.4 g,
- 17.2 g,