Black rice and edamame salad
3 1/2 cups
We've added cilantro, edamame and shiitake mushrooms to that side of rice to turn it into a beautiful side salad. It's an easy way to load up your plate with extra colour and fresh flavour.
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame , thawed
- 8 medium shiitake mushrooms , thinly sliced, about 1/2 cup
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup black rice , well rinsed
- 2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey , or agave syrup
- 3/4 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Boil 3 1/2 cups water in a large pot. Add edamame and mushrooms. Cook 1 min and remove using a sieve or strainer. Rinse edamame and mushrooms under cold running water, then drain well.
- Add salt and rice to same pot. When water returns to boil, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until rice is just tender, about 20 min. Rinse rice under cold running water until cool. Drain well.
- Whisk soy with vinegar, honey and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add edamame, mushrooms, rice, green onions and cilantro. Stir until well coated.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 50 g,
- 3 g,
- 3 g,
- 411 mg.