8-vegetable bean ragout
5 cups (1.25 L)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 1 large carrot , thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk celery , thickly sliced
- 2 cups thickly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 540-mL can pasta-style or Italian stewed tomatoes
- 540-mL can beans , such as Romano or kidney, drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels , or frozen green beans or a mix of each
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in celery, mushrooms, pepper and Tabasco.
- Add tomatoes, including juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Stir in drained beans and frozen vegetables. Continue cooking until hot, from 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in coriander.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9.3 g,
- 36.1 g,
- 3.5 g,
- 9.9 g,
- 565 mg.