Lean pork tenderloin is ideal for healthy stir-fries, and there are no bones to contend with. We dolled ours up with a sweet and tangy homemade sauce.
Sweet and sassy pork with pineapple
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/4 cup apricot or peach jam
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2-Jan head broccoli
- 41643 pineapple , or 2 pitted peaches
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 handful of snow peas , trimmed
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk jam with vinegar, soy, chili flakes, garlic and cornstarch. Slice pork into thin bite-size strips. Cut broccoli into bite-size florets. Cut pineapple into chunks.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add pork. Stir-fry until golden-tinged, 3 min. Stir in broccoli, pineapple and snow peas. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly for 2 min. Stir sauce and pour over pork mixture. Add green onion and stir constantly until sauce thickens and pork is cooked through, 2 to 3 more min. Delicious over rice. Best eaten the same day it’s made but will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 day.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 25 g,
- 6 g,
- 2 g,
- 303 mg.