I quickly threw all the fresh vegetables, raw chicken, broth and bouillon into the crock pot, so I could cook it overnight for the next day’s lunch. The next morning, I added the tomatoes and beans and turned the crock pot down to “warm.” Everything cooked up nice and tender. I really don’t think you need to precook the chicken. It literally fell apart it was so tender. I skipped the butter and Tabasco sauce since I didn’t need the fat, and I don’t care for too much spice.
Slow Cooker Chicken, Tomato and White Bean Soup
1 to 6 Servings
Even more vegetables make this version of chicken soup especially tasty and filling!
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 4 finely chopped celery stalks
- 3 finely chopped and peeled carrots
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 kg cooked chicken breast , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 429-mL cans chicken broth
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 411-g can diced tomatoes , drained
- 425-g can white beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- Place vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper in crock pot. Top with the chicken pieces, butter, broth and bouillon. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in drained tomatoes and beans; continue to cook 1/2 hour more.
- Before serving, stir in parsley and Tabasco sauce.