Saucy chili pork chops with zucchini
This article has not been rated yet.
A few pinches of pantry spices plus a can of diced tomatoes equals one tempting entree. Bonus: As the sauce simmers, the zucchini quickly steams overtop.
- 2 boneless centre-cut pork chops , butterflied
- 796-ml can diced tomatoes , drained
- 2 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion
- 1 small zucchini
- Slice each butterflied chop in half. (You’ll have 4 chops.) Lightly oil a large frying pan and set over medium-high heat. Sauté chops until golden, about 3 min per side. Remove to a plate. Add drained tomatoes to pan. Sprinkle with seasonings. Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until it thickens, about 7 min.
- While sauce is boiling, chop onion and add to pan as soon as it is chopped. Slice zucchini lengthwise, then diagonally into thin half moons. When tomato sauce is thick, return chops to pan along with any juices. Reduce heat to medium-low, then simmer, covered, turning once, until chops are cooked through, about 5 more min. Scatter zucchini overtop about 2 min before cooking is done. Remove chops to plates and spoon sauce overtop. Serve zucchini alongside.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 10 g,
- 6 g,
- 2 g,