Sage and garlic mashed potatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 20 minutes
, about 6 medium potatoes
black or white
buttermilk or light
1 1/2 tsp
finely chopped fresh
, or 1/4 tsp dried sage, crumbled
- Peel potatoes and cut in half. Place in a large saucepan along with whole garlic cloves. Cover potatoes with water. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and boil gently, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes and garlic cloves together using a potato masher or by putting them through a food mill.
- Return potatoes to saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients, cover saucepan and return to medium-low heat.
- Continue heating potatoes, stirring occasionally, until they are as warm as you like. Taste and add more sage, if you wish.