A little tart, a little sweet, a little crunchy – this side dish has it all.
Roasted pumpkin with shallot vinaigrette
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 small sugar pumpkin , about 1 kg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Generous pinches cayenne pepper
- Generous pinches salt
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- Pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Cut pumpkin into quarters. (Microwaving on high 2 min makes this easier.) Scoop out stringy pulp and seeds, then discard. Peel, then slice pumpkin into large finger-size wedges. Place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Sprinkle with cayenne and salt. Stir to evenly coat. Roast in centre of oven, stirring a couple of times, until pumpkin is tender, 20 to 25 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil with vinegar, shallot and pinches of salt and pepper. Arrange pumpkin on a platter. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cranberries and nuts. First-rate with roast pork, chicken or prime rib.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 9 g,
- 11 g,
- 2 g,
- 2 mg.