Cucumber-fennel quick pickles
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 1/2 cups 1-in. slices of mini cucumbers , about 6 cucumbers
- 1 tbsp course salt
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves , smashed
- 1 tsp whole fennel , or caraway seeds
- Toss sliced cucumbers in a colander with 1 tbsp coarse salt. Set aside.
- Make vinegar mixture by whisking vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high until sugar dissolves.
- Add garlic and fennel. Rinse cucumbers well under cold running water. Pat dry and pack into 2 500-mL Mason jars. Pour in vinegar mixture.
- Fasten lids. Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving. They keep for about 10 days in the fridge, developing more and more flavour.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 33 g,
- 1 g,
- 3 mg.