Chicken with smoky peppers
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 Servings
No marinade required; our saucy herb-flecked pepper-and-tomato mixture tumbled over chicken is flavourful enough to do the trick.
- 4 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves , or 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 bell peppers , preferably 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey , or granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Place chicken in a large bowl. Drizzle with a little vegetable oil and turn to coat. Sprinkle with half of thyme and pinches of salt. Turn to coat. Slice peppers in half and core. Lightly brush with oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- Place chicken and peppers on grill. Barbecue with lid closed for 6 min. Turn both and continue grilling until chicken feels springy when pressed and grill marks form on peppers, 8 to 10 more min. Remove each piece as it is done.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil with vinegar, honey, garlic and remaining thyme. Coarsely chop tomatoes and stir in. When peppers are done, coarsely chop and add. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve over chicken.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 8 g,
- 14 g,
- 1 g,