Beet Pasta With Creamy Ricotta, Walnuts And BasilBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 15 min
Add some colour to your fettuccine pasta with a velvety, vibrant magenta beet sauce.
- 3 large red beets , peeled and cut into 1/4-in.-thick wedges, about 450g
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 350g dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-smooth ricotta
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup roughly torn basil
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F.
- Toss beets with 1 tbsp oil and 1⁄2 tsp salt on a baking sheet. Season with pepper. Roast until beets are fork tender, about 45 min.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions. Reserve 3⁄4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Place roasted beets with garlic, lemon juice, reserved pasta water, 2 tbsp oil and 1⁄2 tsp salt in a blender. Blend until smooth, thinning with water, if needed. Toss sauce with pasta in pot until coated.
- Divide pasta among four plates. Serve with a dollop of ricotta, and sprinkle with walnuts and basil.