Spiced turkey breasts
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 40 min
Roasting a big bird can be daunting, so try turkey breasts instead for the quickest Christmas main you’ve ever made.
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 2 tsp regular or chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 boneless turkey breasts , each about 1 1/2 to 2 lb, preferably skin-on
- Sausage and raisin stuffing , see link below
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). In a small bowl, stir butter with Tabasco and salt. If roasting turkey over stuffing, turn our sausage and raisin stuffing into a 9 × 13-in. (3-L) baking dish. Spread out evenly in the pan. Place the turkey breasts overtop. If breasts have skin, pull skin over each breast so it covers as much of the meat as possible. Generously brush with butter mixture. Cover any exposed stuffing with pieces of foil to prevent it from drying out.
- Roast in centre of preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 170F (77C), from 1½ to 2 hours. Baste occasionally with any remaining butter mixture for the first hour of roasting. When turkey is done, if skin is not golden, turn the temperature up to 425F (220C). Continue to roast until golden brown, about 5 min. Remove turkey to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil and let stand for 5 min. Cut into thin slices. Serve with stuffing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 38 g,
- 37 g,
- 25 g,
- 4 g,