Savory holiday bread
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil , margarine or butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp died rubbed sage leaves
- 1 tsp dried savory leaves
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp bread-machine or instant yeast
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Add all ingredients except cranberries and nuts to bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions. Select basic white cycle. Then add cranberries and nuts at ingredient signal (or about 20 to 30 minutes into cycle). This bread has a real stuffing flavour, making it wonderful for turkey sandwiches or simply spreading with cream cheese and a little cranberry sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.1 g,
- 31.4 g,
- 7 g,
- 2.1 g,
- 145 mg.