Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pork BellyBy Chatelaine
Tender, fatty pork belly mixed with crunchy, bitter Brussels sprouts makes an excellent combination.
- 500 g pork belly , slices, finely chopped
- 4 shallots , thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 600 g brussels sprouts , trimmed and halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then pre-heat to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil. 2. Toss pork and shallots with 1⁄2 tsp salt on prepared sheet. Roast until just golden, about 15 min.
3. Toss brussels sprouts and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt with pork mixture to combine. Continue roasting until brussels sprouts are golden and tender, 10 to 12 min.
4. Vinaigrette: Whisk oil with vinegar, Dijon and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add roasted vegetables and pork to vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
Kitchen tip: If you can’t find pork belly slices, replace them with low-sodium bacon and reduce salt in recipe to 1/4 tsp.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 12 g,
- 37 g,
- 3 g,
- 279 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C