Pumpkin-ale sweet bread
Pumpkin ale bread recipe
Photo by Erik Putz
Pies, step aside! This moist, rich sweet bread comes together in just 10 minutes. Drizzled with pumpkin-ale glaze and crunchy pepitas, it's as beautiful as it is delicious.
1 3/4 cups
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9 × 5-in. loaf pan with oil.
- STIR flour with baking soda, pumpkin-pie spice and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK eggs with brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin purée, 1/3 cup ale, oil and vanilla. Whisk flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until combined. Scrape into prepared pan (batter will be thick). Smooth top.
- BAKE in centre of oven until loaf is dark golden and a skewer inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean, 60 to 65 min. Transfer to a rack. Let stand 15 min. Run a knife along edges of loaf pan and transfer loaf to rack.
- WHISK icing sugar and pumpkin ale in a small bowl. Spoon over top of loaf and sprinkle with pepitas.
Chatelaine Quickies: Pumpkin Ale Sweet Bread
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 37 g,
- 7 g,
- 1 g,
- 218 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A
Ingredient Tip: Pumpkin ale is sold in beer or liquor stores during the fall. Cream ale works just as well.
Kid-Friendly Tip: Substitute unsweetened apple juice for ale in the recipe.