Updated Oct 19, 2018Chatelaine
1 3/4 cups
pure pumpkin purée
- PREHEAT oven to 350F.
- STIR flour with baking soda, pumpkin-pie spice and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK eggs with brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin purée, 1/3 cup ale, oil and vanilla. Whisk flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until combined. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin.
- MIX flour, pepitas, brown sugar, unsalted butter and quick oats, and sprinkle over batter.
- BAKE in centre of oven for 20 to 22 min.
- WHISK icing sugar and pumpkin ale in a small bowl. Spoon over top of muffins.
Ingredient Tip: Pumpkin ale is sold in beer or liquor stores during the fall. Cream ale works just as well.